After a successful background in sales and management, working in the UK and the USA, Rob moved into training and development. In 1995 he joined Excel Communications, one of the UK’s premier training organisations, as a training consultant and his passion for helping people develop enabled him to spearhead the growth of the business. He was appointed a director in 1998 and became Managing Director in 2005 after completing a successful buy-out of the company.
During his training career Rob has designed and run programmes in 22 countries, including workshops on leadership, presenting, sales, coaching, influencing, management and team development. One event involved facilitating a team building event for 400 managers on the Great Wall of China. He has also worked extensively as an executive coach, helping business leaders and other individuals develop in specific areas and overcome barriers to performance. Corporate clients include Unilever, Aegis Media, Network Rail, GE, Roche, Ogilvy, GSK and Astra Zeneca.
After returning from a sabbatical in the Alps with his family in 2010 Rob sold Excel Communications and moved to the West Country.
Rob’s greatest passions have always been education and presenting. Since relocating to Exeter, he has run workshops for lecturers and the MBA cohort at Exeter University and has also delivered presentation and interview skills sessions at local schools. All sessions have received excellent feedback.
Relevant experience and qualifications (2002-2018)
- Master Trainer of Presentation Excellence
- Lead judge for the UK Sales Presenter of the Year
- Lead judge at the Pharmaceutical Sales Awards
- Conference speaker and facilitator
- Presentation lecturer on MBA programme at Exeter University
- Master Trainer of Power with Groups and Pitching for Business
- Certified Trainer of Interpersonal Versatility
- NLP Master Practitioner
- Business Mentor to start up
- Creator of the 3C Academy